Your Home Loan Toolkit — A Step-by-Step Guide (provided by the CFPB) Great document for REALTORS® and Lenders to provide home buyers.
ALTA Settlement Statements: ALTA has developed standardized ALTA Settlement Statements for title insurance and settlement companies to use to itemize all the fees and charges that both the homebuyer and seller must pay during the settlement process of a housing transaction.
Documents Related to TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosures (TRID) – Provided in cooperation with Investors Title
- TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosures (TRID) Training Manual – This manual is intended to provide a basic overview of the new rules and disclosures.
- TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosures (TRID) Reference Manual – This is a comprehensive manual intended to be used as a reference for questions pertaining to the new disclosures. This manual is 300 pages an includes relevant rules and CFBP guides combined into a single resource.
- TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosures (TRID) Forms Manual – This manual includes all of the CFBP sample forms and helpful summary charts.
- Presentation from March 12, 2015 TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosures (TRID) Seminar presented by Mike Aiken, Investors Title
It’s Here! Investors Title Insurance Company Announces “TRID–Together We’re Prepared” Seminar Series Available Through On-Demand Educational Portal
- TRID Module I – General Rules (1 hour)
- TRID Module II – Loan Estimate (1 hour)
- TRID Module III – Closing Disclosures (1 hour)
Click HERE to for instructions on how you may register your account and view these webinars.
Links to Investors Title Insurance Company Approved Settlement Agents
- Investors Title Insurance Company – Virginia Approved Settlement Agents
- Investors Title Insurance Company – North Carolina Approved Attorneys
- Investors Title Insurance Company – Tennessee Approved Settlement Agents
Flyers, Brochures and Educational Webinars
- Title Opinion vs. Title Policy
- Title Search vs. Title Policy
- Why You Need Title Insurance
- Title Insurance Basics: Understanding Title Insurance Coverage (View Webinar or View PowerPoint Presentation and ALTA Commitment Form [sample])
- Short Title Talk Webinar – Easements – Click here to view the 5 minute webinar
- Looking for Financial Stability In Your Title Insurer? Look No Further.
- 5 Reasons for Obtaining an Owner’s Title Policy
- Common ALTA Endorsements
- The Investors Title Claims Process
- Commercial Title Insurance Services
- Basic Guidelines for Like-Kind Exchanges
- Assets to Be Protected – What is Non-Public Private Information?
Glossary of Terms and Other Related Links to Title and Settlement Information
- Real Estate Terms and Definitions in Plain English
- Glossary of Real Estate Terms from HUD.GOV
- Foreclosure Real Estate Terms
- Quick Links to Federal Regulations
- A Short History of Loans and the Lender’s Title Policy
- What is a Cloud on Title?
- Information on RESPA – Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act
- Your guide to the HUD-1 settlement statement
- The Closing Process – HomeClosing101.org
Associations and Professional Organizations
- Investors Title Insurance Company
- Virginia Bankers Association
- Sanctions List
- Virginia Mortgage Lenders Association
For access to current editions of Virginia Banking – the official publication of the Virginia Bankers Association CLICK HERE
Other Useful Sites